RGSL offers two regular services: Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC).
The CFSC is required for a basic gun license. Non-Restricted PAL = possess & use most sporting rifles and shotguns. NR guns are for hunting, pest control, and other commonplace uses.
The CRFSC allows for the upgraded second level. Restricted PAL = possess & use Restricted handguns and rifles. R guns must be used only at gun ranges approved by the RCMP.
We teach regular public courses at Cabela’s Regina/Saskatoon, and occasionally at our Lakeview neighbourhood classroom in Regina.
Current Training Arsenal
- Girsan “Yavuz 16″/Beretta 92FS clone, chambered in 9x19mm. Made in Turkey, black finish, tactical rail, decocking lever, safety switch, loaded-chamber indicator
- Glock 37, Gen. 3 pistol chambered in .45GAP. Made in Austria, has a laser sight and black finish
- Charter Arms “Pathfinder” double-action revolver chambered in .22, dark/walnut grips with blued frame
- Cimarron Firearms “Plinkster” single-action revolver chambered for .22LR, matte-black non-ferrous alloy frame
- Marlin “Model 1936″ World War II lever-action rifle chambered in .30-30, with Pacific Coast Militia Rangers (Canadian military) markings
- Savage Arms “Mark II” bolt-action rifle, chambered in .22LR, black synthetic stock, optical rifle scope
- Ruger “10/22″ semi-automatic rifle, chambered in .22LR, archangel stock with 4×20 scope and 10-round BX-10 magazine
- Norinco 12-gauge 3-inch-max “YL-12″/Ithica 37 pump-action shotgun
- “Type 56″ Chinese military SKS semi-automatic rifle, chambered in 7.62x39mm Soviet, with aftermarket 6-position adjustable T6 TAPCO composite olive-drab stock and fixed bayonet
- New England Firearms 20-gauge 3-inch-max “SB1 Pardner Youth” break-action shotgun
- Traditions .50 caliber break-action “Vortek UltraLight” muzzleloader, with mossy oak treestand camouflage pattern, recoil pad and thumbhole stock
What Our Students Say
I strongly recommend Peter at RGSL. He made it an easy process to learn what I needed to, and I recommend him to anyone looking to get their gun license. Free Barrel-Lite was also a huge plus!
Took the course… Loved it!
Good course, great guys!
Dave and I did this course and what great people! They make it interesting and easy to absorb the material!
It’s a great course, the instructors are very informative and helpful and they make learning fun.
Thank you so much! Just wanted to let you know we really enjoyed the course. You are an excellent teacher and you kept it interesting and relevant. Thanks again.
Go through these guys.