Please feel free to download any of the following manuals.
Materials for CFSC (Non-Restricted) and CRFSC (Restricted) for gun courses and testing:
- 2008 Canadian Firearms Safety Course Manual (Current Non-Restricted Manual, English, PDF format)
- 2008 Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course Manual (Current Restricted Manual, English, PDF format)
- Adult PAL Application for first-time applicants (RCMP form 5592 English, PDF format)
- Adult PAL Renewal for existing PAL and POL holders (RCMP form 5614 English, PDF format)
- Minor’s License application form: not available. Must be obtained directly from an instructor or from the RCMP.
Helpful Public Resources:
- RCMP guidelines for safely storing, transporting and displaying firearms (good to keep a printed copy in your glove box!)
- 2008 BCCLA Arrest Handbook (Good basic legal knowledge for all Canadians)
- The Firearms Act (S.C. 1995, c. 39)
- Importing Firearms into Canada (Information from the Canadian Border Services Agency)
- Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) Stolen Vehicle/Property/Boat/Bicycle/Firearm Serial Number Checker
- 7.62x39MM SKS Manual
- Ruger 10/22 Manual
- Manuals for “Nearly Every Firearm On The Planet” (long list of them from 12160’s website)
Firearms-related links for different tasks you might wish to accomplish:
- Link to RCMP PAL Online Change-of-Address Form (Remember, you must update your on-file address with the RCMP within 30 days of a move if you have a PAL — even if you don’t have any firearms.)
- A PDF of the Canadians Firearms Registry Deactivation Guide, for deactivating a firearms legally in Canada “Deactivating”, rather than “disabling”, is a legal distinction whereby the deactivated firearms cannot ever fire again, whereas disabled firearms could be restored to firing order.
Projects we’ve worked on at RGSL over time:
- A link to our Imgur gallery detailing the conversion from a stock Ruger 10/22 to the new ArchAngel kit. RGSL spent some time in summer 2014 converting an older Ruger 10/22 from its factory wood stock over to the ProMag ArchAngel AA556R six-position tactical stock. Take a look at our Imgur page to see what the process looked like!